Laurie Ruettimann is one of the most-recognized names in the social media/HR space. From her blogging exploits to the incorrigible attitude she wears like a badge, we’re excited to have her at HRevolution. Look for an interview with her co-facilitator, Matt Stollak, later this week.
- Who are you?
Laurie Ruettimann, SPHR
- What do you do (day job, any blogging/social media stuff, volunteering, etc.)?
I am a writer and a speaker. I talk about Human Resources, career advice, and the future of work.
- What is your session title and topic?
Pop Culture, Politics, and HR
- (Only for co-facilitators) Who is your co-facilitator and why/how did you choose that person?
Matt Stollak. He was assigned to me because the conference organizers don’t know what to do with us.
- Why did you submit to speak at HRev?
I didn’t initially submit to speak at HRev. I don’t want to hog the limelight. We have many voices in our community. I want to help facilitate conversation and sometimes I do that BEST when I am quiet.
- What are 5 words that describe you?
Is this Match.com? Passionate, opinionated, affectionate, skeptical, and petite. I like long walks on the beach and strawberry daiquiris.
- What is one fun/strange/interesting thing about you?
I like gardens & guns.
- Why do you think you are so passionate about your session topic?
I’m passionate about relevant and evidenced-based HR. What’s more relevant than politics? What’s less evidenced-based than bad political ideas?!
- If people only remember one big takeaway from your session, what would it be?
Life isn’t worth living without art, music, and a robust discussion of politics. And politics can ruin good music, destroy good art, and wipe out a vibrant economic climate that creates jobs.
Thanks for the input, Laurie! Looking forward to seeing you next week!